Dancing With An Angel

As well as all the photos, I took some video footage which I put together to create a mini Mexico movie, just to give an idea of the atmosphere in the heart of Mexico City. Plenty of flags, wigs, costumes, face paint and of course horns. I admit it, I bought one. It was only 10 pesos after all…

12 Comments on "Dancing With An Angel"

Notify of

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Nez
Nez
June 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Sorry to be crude Gary, but after watching England vs. Algeria I not only want my money back (and I didn’t even spend any!) but I sincerely hope you and your wife are seeing more English action in the bedroom.

“STEVE! STEVE! WHAT WAS MISSING TONIGHT?”

“Goals.”

Well said.

garydenness
June 18, 2010 3:34 pm

That ranks as one of the most disappointing and embarrasing English performances I’ve ever seen. Almost as bad as stuff under Graham Taylor and Steve McClaren.

Let’s face it, if I get a twitch on my eyelid, that’ll produce more action than I saw today. And I can do that sleeping…

Opatije
Opatije
June 18, 2010 4:30 pm

An interesting spectacle – for the lack of better word 🙂

Algeria is a solid team with some outstanding coaching. Like I said before (not here) the pre-cup warmups are meaningless.

It will be tough for England to produce good result against Slovenia. Another team who’s playing with confidence and skill.

England – Slovenia 1:1

garydenness
June 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Interesting? You’re being polite.

I can only hope that England seriously pull their act together for Slovenia. They are much, much better than this. But if they carry on bumbling along, they’re gone. Technically they still could go through with a draw if the other game ends in a stalemate with fewer goals scored.

But they wouldn’t deserve to go through without managing to win a game.

John Calypso
June 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Gary – Mexico and you ROCK! Blanco is the man of the hour 😉

garydenness
June 22, 2010 11:07 am

Three World Cups he has now scored in….pretty impressive.

Kim G
Kim G
June 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Great video! I so much wanted to be there with everyone celebrating and generally joyous. It was so exciting when Mexico kicked France’s butt.

Saludos,

Kim G
Boston, MA
Where the prevailing sentiment is, “World what?” Unfortunately.

garydenness
June 22, 2010 11:08 am

Thanks! It was a good deal of fun being there to film it!!

steve
steve
June 22, 2010 12:28 am

…and no riots, like there were, in “civilized” in Los Angeles, after the Lakers won.. Hmm.

garydenness
June 22, 2010 11:08 am

Tsk…build a wall I say. Keep those hooligans out of Mexico…!

Bob
Bob
June 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Game Over for Mexico… It was nice while it lasted. I cannot believe how stubborn Aguirre is!!!!

garydenness
June 22, 2010 1:02 pm

It’s not all over yet señor! Harder, yes. Over….no. I do favour Argentina, but Mexico have a reasonable chance if they play as well as they can. Be positive!!

wpDiscuz