The Mex Test

Fellow blogger Señor Calypso took the test and posted his result a few weeks ago. I bookmarked it, but then forgot about it. Till this morning. I wasn’t going to post my result, until I saw my result. It was worth boasting about after all. Although I won’t lie – a few of my answers were either educated guesses, or down to my being able to rule out one or two of the options to give myself a 50/50 chance.

You can do the test by clicking here. Has anyone beaten/ will anyone beat my score? I got just one wrong. And kicked myself for it. It’s not that I knew the correct answer. It’s just that my instinct told me I should have clicked on….well, I won’t post a spoiler here. My wrong ‘un is in the comments.

Screenshot_1

15 Comments on "The Mex Test"

Notify of

Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
norm
Guest
norm
February 6, 2014 11:58 am

I can’t “comment” to John’s blog anymore because of his platform’s bugs but I took it at the time of his posting and scored a 83%. It was a well rounded test, it hit areas that don’t trip my trigger, all tests should have some of those kind of questions. Only one-Oh my!.

Steve Cotton
Guest
February 6, 2014 2:30 pm

Like you, I got one wrong. But I cannot recall which one it was. I would probably get it wrong again.

On your related point, one of the few things I learned in school was how to take a multiple choice test. I can have almost zero knowledge of a topic, and still do well on the test. That is what comes from an educational system that teaches how to take a test instead of how to apply knowledge learned.

John Calypso
Guest
February 6, 2014 2:40 pm

When I was in the Army (oh so many wars ago) I had to take a test to which I merely just checked through the multiple choice questions without even reading the questions (a long story that). My score came out so high I was offered some major accommodations – true story!

Not to take anything away from Gary’s excellent score (beat me).

Norm – sorry to read of your problem with my Blog. I think Disqus has occasional hiccups – please give it another go win’t you?

norm
Guest
norm
February 6, 2014 3:17 pm

John:I can read the comment section of your blog but can not comment, I can’t even see Steve’s comments, let alone write on his blog. I’ve been posting to his e-mail and he has posted for me but an awkward method to say the least. Still reading my friend . I liked today’s post about the iron work-I have a small forge. .

willc88
Guest
February 6, 2014 10:38 pm

I saw this and instantly had to have a go – i got to the end though and it didn’t give me a score, it just went back to the beginning. I quickly fired off the same answers to try and see my score but it ended the same way again. Total fail. I’m sure you’ll have a higher score than me though!

Kim G
Guest
February 7, 2014 12:18 am

I did this test a while back, and I think I got 88%. If I were Chinese, I’d consider that very lucky. Instead (since I’m not), I’ll just consider it a decent score.

Saludos,

Kim G
Boston, MA
Where we might create such a test for our own blog.

ricardomontoya
Guest
February 7, 2014 2:23 am

I stopped taking the test less than on third of the way because I was way flunking it! And to think that I live in Mexico, was born just across from the state of Chihuahua on the Rio Bravo, and my grandparents, both paternal and maternal came from Mexico! Go figure!

wpDiscuz